Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I think this is what Arizona intended to happen.

At least on some level. I don't think the state meant for legal residents and naturalized citizens to leave (and I don't think the ones who understand U.S. law are), but the news that illegals are leaving the state in droves has to be counted good news by everyone with a brain.

I have nothing against legal immigration. I'd actually like it if the immigration number restrictions were relaxed. I don't want to see any other requirements for immigration (like checking backgrounds, health status, and double-checking that it's Juan Valdez, and not Abdulla Hussein) relaxed, but I don't see any reason to prevent healthy and otherwise law abiding citizens from fleeing their corrupt and oppressive government for a place where they can build a life without it being confiscated because someone else wants it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.