Saturday, May 22, 2010

I saw this one coming as soon as I saw the first story.

A WWI memorial set up in the Mojave Desert--a seven-foot cross--has been in the center of a court battle between bed-wetter, crybaby atheists, and normal Americans who love God, their country, and their troops. The bed-wetters wanted the cross removed because they interpreted it as a violation of the first amendment (establishment), and the normal Americans opposed the bed-wetters because it's a war memorial, and removal constitutes a violation of the first amendment (forbidding the free exercise of religion).

The Supreme Court ruled in favor of the normal Americans--and the cross was promptly stolen.

Now, when this happened, my first reaction was that the bed-wetters did it, and that they did it to declare that only the memorial itself--the one that was stolen--counted under the Supreme Court decision, and that any replacement wouldn't be allowed to stand. And, as it turns out, I was right.

3 comments:

  1. When I read of the cross being stolen, I figured the same exact thing: SCOTUS decision only covered the first cross. Those that were against the cross will get rid of it one way or the other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Know fact: I have little use for religion in MY LIFE.

    Yesterday, I ran a post on a student who got in trouble for wearing his rosary beads to school.

    The cross business follows the same line (for me).

    Even though both are religious
    in nature, THEY ARE BOTH pieces of beautiful ART that I enjoy anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, dude, but you're not a bed-wetting, whining, "anything that hints of a belief in God offends me" atheist.

    And I'm glad I'm not alone in the common sense department, Bob.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.