Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Progress

This week has been Spring Break.  I've managed to make my personal minimum word count on my current writing project (snarky vampire meets PI and teams up with a couple others to take on a serial killer).  But only barely the minimum, and I can't even start working on it until 2-3 hrs after the kids go to bed--I'm too fried to work, and they've been really, really uncooperative with my needs for writing this week so far.  This morning's a bit different--I finally got them shut up and sat down on the couch with a movie they'd wanted to watch.  And I've got a bit done, and planning for more.

I've also got some of the clutter cleared.  Unless you have kids currently in school, y'all have NO IDEA how much trash accumulated worksheets that aren't scored with more than a smiley face while skills are being cemented in place in 1st and 2nd grade can make up. The kitchen clutter is mostly cleared, the living room has just a bit to go, and I'm not touching the family room.  It'll draw their attention to me instead of keeping it on the TV.  And I don't want their attention on me instead of the TV. 

I've also been reading again.  A little.  Here and there.  I've got like three books I'm pecking at, depending on where I am.  I've got one on my Kindle Paperwhite, one on the nightstand, and one by my recliner--which I've finished and re-shelved. 

If I manage to finish the book I'm writing within the next two weeks (in the realm of possibility), I'm gonna sit down with another book altogether, and read it start to finish with no interruptions while the kids are at school. 

2 comments:

  1. Progress, however small IS progress! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just glad I'm not falling further behind, even if I'm also not catching up. I'll have four days next week to catch up while the kids are in school (they're out Good Friday). I'm at the point where I could go either way on whether or not I can get finished with the first draft before the end of this month.

      Delete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.