Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Cherry delight

The blog post from Sunday, the one where I mentioned being out of butter?  It was because I was disappointed I couldn't make one of these instead of a cake for myself.  I love Cherry Delight.  Grew up eating it every so often, because many of my aunts preferred this to cake or cobbler.  I asked permission, thinking it was a family recipe, to post it here, and found out that it's from an out-of-print cookbook they'd been using. 

Cherry Delight

2 cans cherry pie filling (I've used other fillings, but something tart works best)
1 box yellow cake mix
1 stick butter
cashews

1. Preheat the oven to 350.  2. Pour the pie filling in the bottom of a 9x13 baking pan for cakes or casseroles (my family uses pyrex).  3.  Pour the dry cake mix on top of the pie filling.  4.  Melt butter, and drizzle over the top of cake mix.  5. Sprinkle cashews on top of everything.  6. Bake at 350 for 25-35 minutes, or until golden brown. 

Serve hot from the oven, with or without ice cream.  Be careful not to scorch the cashews.  That's just nasty. 

I can't eat cashews anymore--they're one of the triggers for my CFS to have a flare up.  This is almost as good without those, though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.