Saturday, November 25, 2017

Occasionally, very occasionally...

...the deals are worth venturing out (the day after) for.

I found out, during a recent flare-up of the CFS, that my desk chair I'd bought to fit the desk wouldn't work when I was feeling bad.  It's not that uncomfortable when I'm okay, but it's really not very soft, and isn't very good at all when I hurt all over.

The kids, however, love it.  So it will be serving its purpose as a second homework chair at the homework table. 

Today, I got an email flyer from Office Depot.  One of the chairs I'd been eyeing (which had already been marked down from $199.99 to $99.99) was marked down further.  Down to $67.99.  For Black Friday.  I glanced at the time/date stamp on the email, fairly certain that the deal was done, since it was Saturday...it wasn't.  The email was sent this morning, and the chair was still marked down.  So.  I have a new chair.  I have a $200 office chair--a burgundy leather executive's chair--that I paid $75 for, after the government's share had been levied.* 

It's damn comfortable.  And fairly attractive, as office chairs go. 

I should be really good writing in this thing for a long time.  Odysseus has had his comfy office chair for going on seven years, now.

Speaking of writing...I'm working hard on that front.  I finished Detritus last week, in first draft.  I'm working on finishing off Normalcy Bias--I think there's one more story in that, and I don't know how long it is.  Next will be The Schrodinger Paradox.  

I have found that children in the house are not conducive to productivity, so I'll be treating this like a full time job...during the school year.  The rest of the time, it'll have to take a back seat to parenting.  But I should still be able to keep the ambitious publication schedule I set for myself, of something coming out every other month.

*You know, I really would not mind having the federal government/state governments funded by an end use tax...on the condition that the amendment permitting the income tax is repealed, and the tax on income ended entirely and forever.  Barring that, I am not now, and nor will I ever be in favor of an end-use tax being levied as a "fair tax."  A flat tax on all income over about $15K/yr for singles, or $40K/yr per family of four is a far better option.

2 comments:

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.