Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Behind.

I am way behind--like, three weeks behind--on grading blogs.  I'm even further behind on the other things that need to be done. 

Thank God Friday is the last day of class, for me.  And I have a two hour block of time on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, that I will accept any late work: one block of scheduled final exam time per class taught.  After those times, I will be turning in the grades for that class's final grades. 

Other than that, the kids are in school, and I am not.

No, I likely won't catch up on housework then, either.  Not at the rate of speed (the speed of the mighty sloth) I am able to work.  But I may be able to catch up on my writing, if I can get the brain fog to clear enough.

That is the question, isn't it, though?  Because that is the reason I'm so freakin' far behind in my grading.

8 comments:

  1. It sucks to have to think when you feel like crud. Hopefully you feel better for the holidays.

    In the meantime, I suggest a nice Irish coffee. I'm told they do wonders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a lovely blackberry wine at my left elbow. It suffices, and is quite tasty, too. Think one of the all-fruit preserves with a bit of the flavor of the seeds added as an undertone, and you have what it tastes like. Probably be brilliant with a good, sharp cheese.

      Delete
    2. There's a guy at our farmer's market who sells fruit wines. He's usually got the longest line.

      Delete
    3. I encourage y'all to try a couple. The ones I've tried (a Celtic style pear, a cranberry, and a blackberry) have all been really, really good.

      Delete
  2. I almost feel guilty, having another lazy day and doing nothing. Still, I put my time in for forty years. Hang in there, one day you will look back and shudder when you remember working.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't do the hard, physical tasks you do in the course of keeping up your place hiding in the mountains. I do enjoy my job, when I feel capable of it. I enjoy actually teaching immensely. Reading the pieces and offering feedback where needed is also fun. I just don't like placing a letter or number grade on the grading.

      Delete
  3. Hopefully you get better... I know that sucks, not being able to do what you need to do.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.