Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Sometimes, it's the little things...

It's been a rough day.  I don't deal well with dealing with the public--pretty bad case of social anxiety disorder--and I managed, despite that, to go grocery shopping alone, call to cancel the health insurance that we'd had for nine years, and call around to find a pest control company that wanted our money.*

On top of that, I've got a solid case of cramps.  I want to just curl up around a heat pad and drink 'til they stop, but I've got to go get the boy in an hour and a half, and I've got housework to do.

However.  At the grocery store, I found something that happens to be one of my all-time favorite things: jalapeno bologna.  I hadn't even seen jalapeno bologna in years.  And I found rice flour penne.**

Yes, I have a fuckton of work to do (clear out all the cabinets in the kitchen) before tomorrow morning.  Yes, I'm still jittery from my morning of doing things way the hell outside my comfort zone.  Yes, I probably should be taking some thyroid support supplements (and some B vitamins) and getting off my ass and getting to work.

But.  I've had a fried jalapeno bologna and sharp cheddar cheese sandwich, and another cup of coffee, and I feel like I can manage what I still need to do.

The little things bring great comfort.

*We've contacted two that wouldn't return our calls. 

**I wanted some pasta bake, and I've found I prefer the taste and texture of rice pasta over corn or quinoa.  

8 comments:

  1. Remember-Crystal meth is NOT the answer. BBrought to you by the "drugs are bad, UH-HUH!) committee. Good Luck. Johnny Gee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen what meth does--no, thanks. My drug of choice is strong, black coffee.

      Delete
  2. I must find this jalapeno bologna. My wife detests spam or bologna. I love both. A Bologna log smoked on the grill for several hours, sliced and pan fried. Put on toast or toasted buns with bbq sauce.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The brand I found it in isn't my favorite (Oscar Mayer), but it's still really, really good.

      And yes. Spam. Spam is awesome. A most versatile canned meat.

      Delete
  3. Kudos to you for keeping on going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can do whatever I must do. Thanks for the encouragement.

      Delete
  4. If that Jalapeno baloney is oscar meyer, be careful it's chicken and you know there are all sorts of nasties in chicken/pork baloney.

    Sorry you aren't feeling well. My wife was sick today too. It is hard to be a wife, mom, and hold down a job. I feel guilty my wife is still working but we get our health insurance through her school district. She says she loves teaching special ed, but I wonder why, if she does, when she comes home on the weekends she looks like death warmed over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't EVER eat baloney without frying it crispy, first. It's too greasy, and the texture is awful.

      I know why she comes home looking like death warmed over. If she's anything like me, teaching carries with it a natural high...and it's followed by a crash, when you're done. Throw in something that may well be physically demanding as well, and that just exacerbates the crash.

      I do love the teaching. I teach for free, and I'll teach anybody's students. What they pay me for is deciding on grades for the gradebook.

      Delete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.