Thursday, February 26, 2015

My family keeps wondering why the kids aren't just in public school.

The imp has a spelling test, today (if they don't run out of time--it's a Friday thing, but Friday's cancelled).  He's in kindergarten, if y'all remember.  He's also reading fairly well. 

He is not being bullied.  At all.

Not like this poor little five-year-old girl in Pascagoula, Mississippi, who was kicked in the face repeatedly while playing on the slide (though the school somehow thinks she beat her own face misshapen, and blacked her own eyes because they didn't see it happen). 

And definitely not like this poor twelve-year-old boy who was hospitalized with a skull fracture (and leaking spinal fluid) by another boy two years older and three times bigger. 

There's a point where kids ought to be taught to stand up to bullies, and then there's a point where the bullies need to be forcibly removed from interacting with other children.  Unfortunately, most public schools are beyond unwilling to do anything but close their eyes and blame the victim. 

Honestly, were I either of those children's parent, I'd be yanking my kid out of the schools, homeschooling them, and suing the pants off of the district.

6 comments:

  1. NO question... I'd be doing the same!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With the constant states of illness my kids have experienced since last fall, I'm honestly tempted to go ahead and yank them anyway.

      Delete
  2. I think what the nation needs to do is END compulsory schooling (and have some kind of clause so people who quit can't suck at the public teat because they're unemployable). Make it so bullies that are violent can be thrown out of school. Make it so the kids who disrupt classrooms so kids who want to learn can't learn be thrown out of school.

    I was bullied to a certain extent in school (though it was girl-bullying, so it was more rumors/exclusion/girls grouping up and giggling at me) and it was uncomfortable, but from everything I've read, it's gotten far far worse in the 30+ years I've been out of public school.

    A bully who injured a child (AND the bully's parents, often it's that the parents are god-awful people as well) should be prosecuted under the law. As should school officials who look the other way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe have a set of tests that the kids have to pass to be permitted to drive and vote, but yeah, let's remove the compulsion from school. Especially since the schools have failed in their initial purpose anyway, and are heavily unsafe to boot.

      Honestly, should my kids be bullied like this, I would be pressing assault charges on the little shitstains (and their parents) that perpetrated it. Fuck the schools, and fuck the administrations--if they want to step in, I'd be happy to sue their asses for failing in their duties as surrogate, legal parents while in care of my children.

      Delete
  3. I find it somewhat ironic that they'll expel a child for wearing an NRA t-shirt, but not for assaulting another child. I think it proves pretty clearly that they don't give a crap about student safety, just what those students are allowed to think. Since their goal is prevent "Wrong Think". I just don't see any point in subjecting a child to it - Honestly, I consider sending a child to a public school child abuse. It does little more than instill a sense of entitlement, a vocabulary suitable for PC thought control, and the belief that you must put yourself into dept to the educational system in order to have any chance of success in life - even though they can not only not guarantee it, in most cases (60 some odd percent) they pretty much guarantee that you won't succeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wish I was a better writer/better publicist of my own work to the point where I could replace my income and get out of the racket. I love teaching--I really do--but I hate seeing what universities and the people who have bought into the hype do to the kids going through.

      Delete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.