Friday, October 24, 2014

FFOT: The "Affordable" Care Act

I got a mailing from our health insurance provider last week.  It was with great trepidation that I opened it, since we have a catastrophe plan, one that if it weren't "grandfathered in" (until the PTB decide otherwise), because I've heard of some insurance companies cancelling those plans and either leaving customers hanging or moving them automatically into plans that comply, whether or not the individual can afford it.

All it was was a notification that I have benefits that cover reconstruction surgery should I ever have a mastectomy. 

But the "Affordable" Care Act, and all those involved in both writing it, and raping the country with it can fuck the fucking fuck off.  Each of those involved in raping the country with the ACA can sodomize themselves with a printed copy of it, each page folded until it's all corners, and inserted individually. 

10 comments:

  1. Agreed. Just my portion of my employer linked plan to cover my household is going to cost us just over $400 per month. I'll volunteer to help fold those pages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our catastrophe coverage costs my family nearly $400 per month. And that's with a $10K deductible per person.

      Delete
    2. I'm not shocked. My employer pays a hefty percentage on ours

      Delete
    3. I'm a part time employee, and my other half is focusing on school. I resent how much this costs, all thanks to King Putt and his drooling,mentally-defective brain child--it's almost half of my monthly paycheck.

      Delete
  2. The real BS won't hit until after the elections... Mark my words...

    ReplyDelete
  3. +1 to NFO, see how many will have a second dose of buyer's remorse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep hoping that people will grow a brain, and I keep being disappointed.

      Delete
  4. The big shock will be to those that adjust their withholdings to allow a little chunk of change each year. When they find it was taken for their insurance, or to pay a penalty, they'll be outraged and have no idea of what happened.

    P.T. Barnum was right

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I fully expect the outrage...and I fully expect jack shit to come from it.

      Delete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.