Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Blearg...

I forgot to give the pixie her meds last night--she takes an acid blocker and a dose of ibuprofen before bed--and she woke up at 11:30, nursed, went back down, and woke back up bawling because one of the kids turned on the alarm on the clock radio in her room (and we've had enough power outages that the alarm is set to its default of midnight).  Then she pointed at her mouth and said "hurt," which reminded me that she hadn't had her meds.  I gave her those, then she wanted her hair brushed, then nursed again.  And then was up.  Again.  "Eat?"  A cracker and a half later, it was twenty 'til two.  She woke up about two hours later, because the kids had moved the thing I had in front of her nightlight to shade it. 

Odysseus let me sleep in while he took care of the kids when they woke up.  He's a lifesaver. 

I just wish my own work ethic had let me sleep a little later--I promised my colleague I'd help him with his grading this morning, and I got up before I was really ready to. 

Thank God for coffee.  I'm on my second 16 oz cup of the wonderful stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.