Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I’m not the POTUS.

I can afford to take the time to sleep on big decisions. Had I been in the hot seat, the instant I'd heard that bin Laden had been found, I'd have given the go order. I wouldn't have taken sixteen hours to sleep on the info.

Don't get me wrong: I'm glad the fucker's dead, and I'm glad it was a kill order. I'll give the nitwit in the White House that much. That said, I don't think it was justice, any more than ASM826 did. Justice would have been reprisal killings of 30,000 Muslim civilians in Afghanistan—3,000 every day for ten days.

I also don't think it's going to change anything. Radical camel fellators still hate us (some hate us worse, now), still want to harm us, and are still planning to harm us. Some of them think that we're lying about bin Laden's death. They're not going to believe officially released photos (those can be faked, you know)—it would be more likely to create belief if we had a body to show. Unfortunately, he's already been buried at sea (hopefully in a bacon shroud) to avoid the construction of shrines to the martyr on his gravesite. Don't get me wrong, I think the sea burial is probably the best idea, but it should have been postponed for at least a year.

We should all take a deep breath of relief that there's one less sick, psychopathic bastard planning to kill innocents in the world. What we shouldn't be doing is celebrating in the streets, or visiting Ground Zero in a sick sort of victory lap. That's what radical fundamentalist camel fellators do every time a major attack on American civilians is carried out successfully.

4 comments:

  1. You mean a sick victory lap like this one?

    Let's not replace BDS with ODS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not quite, Tam...the victory lap you linked marked the end of a war, not the officially sanctioned murder of a single man (not that I have anything against it--it is a legitimate tool that I think we should use more often). And not when one of the top five Google searches for the past few days has been "Who is Osama bin Ladin?" and almost nobody notices that we actually are at war.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq267/oldcatman/bin-laden-more-to-killcopy1.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't recall Truman doing a campaign stump from a boat in Peal Harbor.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.