Monday, December 6, 2010

Rough weekend...

As everyone who reads my blog knows, I was due to have a baby girl on New Year's Day.

That has changed. I went into labor Saturday morning. My tiny little snuggle bug was born Saturday afternoon, and will be going home with me today. She weighed 6 pounds, 1 ounce; was 18.5 inches long; and was in a huge hurry. I got to the hospital at around 2:00 p.m., and she arrived two and a half hours later.

I've got some end of the semester stuff to wrap up, but will post pictures of both her and her brother after I post grades on Monday.

After that, I'll be back to my regular news and political commentary, which I'd been avoiding to try to keep from going into stress-induced labor.

7 comments:

  1. I'm sorry she was a bit early but I'm glad everything is OK! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm relieved she's OK! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT NEWS!

    An early Christmas present!

    Glad everything is A-OK!

    How do I get a cigar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, guys. She is doing wonderfully, and her big brother seems to just adore her.

    Oldcatman--I'm sure you could just roll your own. You'd probably enjoy it more if you did. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!!

    I trust mother and daughter are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the early Christmas present (and tax credit! woo!). She sounds positively wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful news. Take a breather. The news we have with us always, babies are only little for a short time.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.