Sunday, December 20, 2009

I've been experimenting, and I think I like it.

About ten or so years ago, while I was in college, my other half bought me a funny little button pin from a little used bookstore. What was on it--C.P.A. (for Certified Public Assassin)--sparked an idea for a story. I wasn't sure if it would be a short story or novel. I tried several times to find the right way to write the character.

After I read John Ringo's The Last Centurion, I think I found it. I'm also doing a bit of a blog to go with it, just to help me get the character right in my head before I write the actual book. The blog is Molly McGuire's Mumbles and Mutters. The first post, introducing the character and her life, is here.

Y'all can go read if you want.

4 comments:

  1. Like minds......

    Excellent creation--keep goin' with it!

    I've been writing "fiction" since grammar school when my aunt
    (a journalist) gave me her OLD
    Royal typewriter.

    Like minds: I have just resurrected my THUMBNAIL PASSION PLAYS, done back in 2004.

    I have reposted, SNOWBLACK
    & THE 7 DWARFS, ADAM & EVE AND TODAY I REDID GEORGE BUSH'S POST PRESIDENCY LIFE........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I read the "This is your life" thing you did with Bush--I wasn't sure whether to giggle, or cringe: Bush may not have been a good president, but the others you named (Kerry, Gore, and the Clinton spawn) would have been far worse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WAY BACK IN 2004, I supported
    Kerry and I didn't like Bush--didn't like Kerry much either!

    It was that election that I realized that being a dummycrat or goppisers was dumb.

    It's the ISSUES that count.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed, my friend. I vote for the candidate who I agree with on platform the most and dislike the least.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.