Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Bloody hell.

I put a roast in the crock pot this morning.  It's been torturing me for the past hour, and won't be ready until 4:00, at the earliest.  It almost didn't fit in the crock pot. 

Yeah, it's that big.  It'll feed Odysseus, Imp and Pixie (who LOVE roast), and me for supper tonight.  It will also make for great frozen, sliced leftovers for sandwiches for several more meals. 

But yeah.  I'm being tortured. 

I spent Monday tearing the house apart looking for spare keys to the car we just traded in (LONG story), and made a mess.  I spent yesterday tearing the house apart looking for the title to said car, since it wasn't where we "remembered" it being.  I finally remembered where I'd seen it last: in the safe deposit box.  The safe deposit box we'd lost the keys to.  Sort of.  One of them is under the porch at the old place. 

That's the one we're going to be going for today.  And I'll get the title tomorrow morning, as soon as the bank opens up. 

And I'll be spending the rest of the week cleaning up the mess we made trying to find things, including things that weren't even here. 

In the meantime, I have another hour before I need to go get the little monsters, and editing to do.  I'm going back over my first draft of Bite Sized, looking for places that need fleshed out, more detail, more show not tell, and for consistency. 

And this evening, I'll be going over a synopsis that a former student wrote of his graphic novel for a pitch to a publisher.  I won't be rewriting it for him, but I will have to have a heavy hand with the editing. 

One of the biggest reasons I'm glad I'm not teaching anymore is because the kids coming to me had fewer and fewer writing skills coming in, and I was explicitly told to not edit stuff for them, or do more than let them know that there were problems and where/what in general the problems were. 

BUT I'm not teaching anymore, so I'm going to edit the hell out of this kid's synopsis.  The story line looks good.

But damn if I'm not feeling overwhelmed with everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.