Wednesday, December 13, 2017

End of an era

Monday was the final exam time* for my 8:00 class; yesterday held the same for my 9:30 class.  Yesterday, I turned in my final grades for both classes, my gradebooks for both classes, and the extra assessment paperwork for departmental accreditation for both classes. 

All there is now is the wait for my final paycheck, the last working day of December. 

Well.  Twelve years (and a half) of teaching for the same university is finally done.  It is such a huge weight off that I can't really articulate it. 

(And yes, I had a student pestering me if there wasn't something they could do to boost their grade, and didn't I see their last blogs that they didn't tell me they'd done when they turned in their late paper?  Well, why not?  And does that boost them up to an A?  No?  Well, is there anything they can do? 

In a word: No.  No, I didn't see the blog, and even when I added the extra points in for that, it didn't bring the grade up to an A.  For fuck's sake, they'd brought a D to a B just by turning in that one late paper.  And no, there is nothing they can do at this point.)

I am so done. 

And I am so ready to write full-time. 

Speaking of which...'scuse me.  Gotta go build word count. 

*I don't do final exam.  I do a last chance for late work that isn't a discussion board forum for class participation. 

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Last of my responsibilities have been carried out to the best of my ability, so...have done so. Idiot students are idiot students, and are no longer my problem.

      And I've got a thousand words in about an hour, so...I'm pretty sure I'll be done with another draft before the kids are out for Christmas break in a bit more than a week (they get out at 11 on the 21st, and don't go back until the 9th).

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your new adventure. Best wishes to you and the family for a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Enjoy the writing time. It is well deserved.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.