Friday, March 24, 2017

Ugh.

Spring Break has been tense, this year.  Last Friday, we made an offer on the house we'd been considering.  Monday, that offer was accepted.  We've been scrambling to deal with the paperwork, since, and I've been fighting with a cold.  Today, we had the inspection scheduled,and had to go get the insurance done by the bank's request.

It's a nice place: around 400 square feet more than our current place, and a BIG yard.  But assuming the inspection goes well, we're going to have to replace all of the carpets, and put in a fence to protect the safety of the mouthy little Scotty bitch that hates big dogs from getting herself munched by the neighbor's big dog. 

And the inspection turned up a few thing that have to be dealt with.  Hopefully not too much--and hopefully it won't cost huge to fix. 

But yeah, busy, tense, and with me sick.  Fun times. 


4 comments:

  1. Hope everything works out! A home of your own is something we all strive for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a second, far more ideal home. I do hope so.

      Delete
  2. Fingers crossed! And I hope the cold passes quickly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I get a hot toddy right when I feel the first hints, it lasts three days. If I think it's allergies and take antihistimines instead, it goes two weeks. Guess which option I went with. (Here's a hint: I regret it.)

      Delete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.