Friday, April 1, 2011

I only wish this were an April Fool's joke.

Despite what the government swearing that there is no inflation, and using that lie to justify no COLAs for seniors, Wal-Mart's CEO says that the superstore can't hold the line on prices for consumers much longer.

In other words, were it not for Wal-Mart, the federal government's big lie would have been exposed sooner.

I'm now just waiting for the government to be exposed for the incompetents they are when it's revealed that, not only is there no money in Social Security for COLAs, but there's no money in Social Security, period, and they're stopping payments for good (even though they're not going to stop collecting the taxes that supposedly pay for it).

The moment that happens will mark the beginning of Rome burning.

5 comments:

  1. I'll be most happy to light the match to burn Rome.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd rather not--we never know what would replace it once the flames die down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, anyone who claims there's "no inflation" in food prices has not been buying the food I'm buying. Fruits and veggies have definitely gone up in price - unless you get lucky and happen to either catch a week when something's being used as a loss-leader, or if you can find something raised semi-locally. (I'm sure a lot of the price rise is transportation costs). I'm definitely going to try to hit the farmer's markets this summer.

    I've been stocking up on things like dry beans and canned goods; I have a bad tingling in my spider senses that the excrement is going to hit the fan very soon, and we're going to see at least a few months of crazy inflation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The grocery store 'price increases' is what marketing is all
    about!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.