Friday, October 9, 2009

Been a busy week.

Tuesday was my son's first birthday. We took him to both sets of grandparents' homes, as much because I can't keep my house clean enough for company with an imp underfoot as because the boy loves going to Grandma's house.

At one grandma's house, he got a big slice of homemade bread. And didn't want to let it go, even for cake. It wasn't until he'd eaten the whole thing that he was even willing to take a bite of cake (though he was very willing to just reach out and grab the cake).

At the other grandma's house, he got fries. And his own cupcake (which he demolished instead of eating). We'd stripped him to his diaper, first, and I'd planned on letting Grandma give him a bath in her sink, afterward. And boy, did he need it. He had cupcake down in his diaper with him. All the way down.

I'd planned on posting a last monkey picture, but he wouldn't lay still. This is the best I could do, but it should show just how much he's grown and changed.


This has seriously been one of the best years of my life. I don't think my other half and I have ever been as happy, or had as much fun, as we have this past year.

3 comments:

  1. Most righteous, HH. Enjoy it now, they grow up too fast.

    Although, my Mom's aphorism still holds true: "you spend months teaching them how to walk and talk, then you tell them to sit down and shut up."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teach him well........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eh, the only problem I'm having right now is that the little guy loves talk radio. He's happiest listening to Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck, though he likes any talk radio.

    I guess the hardest job any mother has is to do her best to instill values while still teaching her children to think for themselves.

    Any advice, guys?

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.