Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Idiot.

Prince Charles has gone on record saying that climate change is a bigger crisis than the economic problems the whole world is facing.

By climate change, he means human caused global warming.

Unless he's defining "warming" as "temperatures dropping" in a case of Orwellian double-think, he's way out of touch.

I don't think we're looking at warming. I don't think that's what's causing near record cold and early snow in the Carolinas, and early nor'easters combining with the lake effect to put snow on the ground from Pennsylvania to New York.

However, while the global warming comment undeniably makes him an idiot, it's claiming that it's a bigger crisis than the economic problems that puts him past idiot into "Oh God, how can he breathe on his own with a brain that tiny?" territory.

Granted, I know I'm a bit nation-centric where global policy is concerned, but the world's economies really are linked with ours. And when our consumer confidence is in a flat dive to the point that oil prices are falling on projected demand despite OPEC's continuous threats to cut production, and experts are saying that the worst may be yet to come--for the whole world--Prince Charles looks like an even bigger idiot.

4 comments:

  1. One of my coworkers told me seriously that global warming may, in fact, cause dropping temperatures. Um, OK. I guess he may say to me of the word "warming", "I do not think it means what you think it means".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remeber one thing old big ears Charles doesn't have to worry about anything in his life so he can spue anything he wants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Umm...global climate change--which is not the same as global warming, but includes it--is what's causing the dropping temperatures.

    And honestly, with my bum knee, if man-caused global warming were really what was going on, I'd buy a coal-burning furnace.

    I hate winter.

    As for Charles, I'd bet his mother's determined she's going to outlive him, one way or another. If it looks like she won't, I'd bet she'd slip him something in his tea. Just so he wouldn't succeed her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW, Laura, love the Princess Bride reference.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.